2017 OVER THE SHOULDER TEMP-TO-HIRE OPPORTUNITY – STARTING SUMMER 2017
Over the Shoulder (OTS) uses the smartphones in people's hands to get unprecedented access and insight into their everyday behaviors, beliefs and attitudes. The OTS team is a unique collection of insight-seekers, idea people & data pioneers.
Over the past nine years, we proudly invented and developed Over the Shoulder into the world’s most powerful smartphone-based qualitative research tool, and put it to work for many of the world’s leading qualitative research and strategy providers and some of the world’s most famous brands.
Now, Over the Shoulder is looking for bright and talented individuals, recent graduates included, who are hungry to get ground-floor experience in the consumer insight and market research world with a unique, industry-leading company. This temp-to-hire position is an incredible opportunity to get frontline experience in the rapidly growing field of smartphone-based qualitative research.
In this temp-to-hire position, you will be trained on and get experience across multiple aspects of our business. If you’re a great fit with our team, you’d eventually focus on one or two of the activities below:
- Help desk: Learn our help desk and help participants in our projects using our ZenDesk help desk system.
- Community management: Learn to use the Over the Shoulder platform to manage insight communities for our projects.
- Initial analysis & coding: Learn to sift through, organize, tag and code photos, audio and video recordings submitted by participants.
- Build & test projects: Learn how to build projects in the Over the Shoulder platform and test them before they launch.
- Project management & recruiting: Learn to manage all elements and timing of an active project from recruitment to implementation, completion and wrap-up.
- Smartphone qualitative design: You’ll work with one of our highly skilled smartphone design specialists and learn how to design a study, transforming the clients’ objectives into the best approach to gain that knowledge through our platform.
Successful candidates will have at least 3-4 of the skills/interests listed below:
- Your areas of Interest/study include Social Sciences, Consumer Psychology, Marketing Communications, User Experience Design.
- You have experience in and passion for consumer qualitative research.
- You possess strong communication skills, are highly organized, accurate, and hardworking.
- You have solid problem-solving skills, you’re creative and take initiative.
- You are dynamic, passionate, and able to handle a variable, often high-volume workload.
- You’re a digital enthusiast who knows a lot about iOS and Android smartphones.
- You have experience using tools like Qualtrix, Survey Gizmo, Survey Monkey or similar
- You have basic computer coding skills (HTML, scripting languages).
- You have great project management skills and experience.
This position will be housed in our Chicago office located in River North, near to transit, shops, restaurants etc.
If you are chosen you would begin around, July 10th. This is a 6-month full-time temp-to-hire position. If you turn out to be a great fit with the team, you may be offered a position at the end of your 6 months.
If this position sounds like something you’re interested in, please click the link below to begin the application process. http://survey.overtheshoulder.com/s3/OTS-Temp-to-Hire-Screener
May 18th through June 6th – Accepting applications through the link above
June 7th through June 16th – Live interviews with selected candidates
June 17th – June 20th – Offers made
July 10th – Position starts
December 10th – Position ends, offers may be made
We look forward to hearing from you!