Mobile Qualitative Specialist/Project Designer
Over the Shoulder (OTS) uses the smartphones in people's pockets and purses to get unprecedented access and insight into their everyday behaviors, beliefs and attitudes. Over the past eight years, we proudly invented and developed OTS into the world’s most powerful smartphone qualitative insight tool. Now, the Over the Shoulder team helps qualitative research practitioners and insight professionals conduct industry-leading smartphone-based qualitative research for many of the world’s most famous brands.
As the smartphone-based consumer research field continues to go through explosive growth, we're looking to expand our team. If you're a creative, passionate qualitative researcher who wants to join an incredible team, sharpen your skill set in a highly dynamic space, and help us innovate and pioneer the practice of smartphone qualitative research for the future, please read on.
Our current team of Mobile Specialist/Project Designers are quite literally the most innovative, experienced and awarded group in the smartphone insight space. Every day, we consult with our clients (who are leading qualitative research practitioners, brand strategists, and agency planners) to help them add smartphone qualitative to their toolkits and ensure they get the most out of the Over the Shoulder platform. We'll teach you and coach you on how smartphone qualitative works, how the OTS platform works, and how to design research projects to specifically take advantage of the unique "in-the-moment" perspective smartphone qualitative makes possible.
- You'll work directly with Over the Shoulder's clients and help them design smartphone qualitative projects.
- You'll hear their objectives and insight needs, help them determine if smartphone qualitative is a good fit, and suggest appropriate study designs.
- You'll put together suggested study designs and assignments to deliver against their objectives, and collaborate with clients to make it easy for them to execute great smartphone qual.
- You'll educate them on how to work with Over the Shoulder's unique online analysis and monitoring tools and get the most out of what participants submit.
- You'll help develop an analysis plan for them so that they know how to turn their smartphone qual studies into awesome insight, ideas and multimedia presentations.
- You'll manage client relationships, and bring new practitioners into the Over the Shoulder platform as you become more and more skilled in the space.
- You'll contribute your ideas and innovations for making Over the Shoulder even better as part of our technology development pathway team.
- You have 3 - 5+ years of experience designing, analyzing and executing qualitative research.
- You’re a discussion guide-writing master or on the way to becoming one.
- You're great with face-to-face qualitative techniques, projective exercises and interviewing.
- You’re energetic, creative and enjoy working with smart clients.
- You’re a great listener, can think on your feet, and know how to work with other people (and solo) to design custom research that uncovers insight.
- You’re naturally curious and excited to learn the entire Over the Shoulder platform like the back of your hand - from our front-end question programming system to our back-end analysis tools.
- You're experienced with analyzing and presenting qualitative findings in a powerful way so that you can teach and mentor Over the Shoulder users on how to turn their projects into amazing multimedia presentations.
- You’re creative and probably pursuing a creative interest or passion in your free time.
- You’re highly-organized, detail-oriented and able to stick to the process. Basecamp is your friend.
- You’re motivated to work hard, turn out amazing results and can handle a fast-paced work environment.
- You’re friendly and know how to have fun.
If this seems like your ideal next move, send us an email at "work [at] overtheshoulder [dot] com" or use the contact page to get in touch.